Not only is it an awesome drink, it has a lot of history. So I gathered 7 fun facts about this liquid form of awesome. Next time you’re at a bar and don’t really have anything interesting to say, well, you’re welcome:
- The label on the bottle reads “Old No. 7”. Why No. 7? It’s a complete mystery. Nobody knows why. Stop asking.
- You Can Buy Jack by the barrel. For $10,000, you get an entire barrel of Jack, specially bottled for you. You also get the actual barrel in which it was matured. That’s 240 bottles worth of Jack, plus the actual barrel that you can do whatever you want with. That's actually a pretty good deal for my 3 month's supply.
- Jack D the man started making his whiskey as a kid. He perfected the “charcoal mellowing” process by the age of 16, and registered his distillery that same year in 1866. The Jack Daniel’s Distillery is the oldest registered distillery in the country. Yes, that's right, he was the most awesome kid ever.
- You can buy used Jack Daniels’s barrels because they are only used once. They ship many to other distilleries and wineries, including to Tabasco too make Tabasco sauce. Oh, what I wouldn’t do to that barrel…
- Frank Sinatra used to drink a bottle of Jack every day. I know what you’re thinking- there’s a name for that. It’s called being a boss. There’s actually a special Sinatra blend called Sinatra Select that is 90 proof.
- The Jack Daniel’s distillery is located in Moore County, which has been a dry county since 1909. This means that even though they can make Tennessee Whiskey there, it can’t be sold there. This fact actually kind of sucks but I was a little desperate for another fact when adding this one.
- It’s fucking awesome.